Thank you to Kosher Cave Girl for developing and sharing this recipe! We love when KOL customers share their recipes with us.
For the jam:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large shallots, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
For the burgers:
- 1 ½ pounds of KOL Foods grass-fed ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, finely smashed
- 1 teaspoon rosemary flakes
- zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup water
- kosher salt
- 1 package KOL Foods grass-fed beef bacon
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shallots and cook until they have softened – about 10 minutes.
2. Add the vinegar and the sugar and cook over medium heat until a jam like consistency is reached – about 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and place to the side.
3. Preheat the oven to 500 on the broil setting and move the oven rack to the top of the oven.
4. Place 8 strips of KOL Foods beef bacon on a baking sheet covered in foil and place the sheet in the oven. Let broil 7 minutes, flipping once. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. In a large bowl, combine the lamb, garlic, rosemary, and lemon zest and water. Sprinkle with about a ½ teaspoon of salt and combine well.
6. Preheat the grill.
7. Form the lamb mixture into 4 equal patties and sprinkle with salt. Place them directly on the grill and cook until your desired doneness is reached – about 5-10 minutes for medium. Remove from the grill and place the burgers on a plate to rest.
8. Assemble the burgers by topping each lamb patty with a smear of shallot jam and two strips of beef bacon. Insert a toothpick to hold everything together. Grab a fork and knife or use your fingers and enjoy!