This is hands down the best way to make an easy, quick, and delicious steak on the grill. If this is your first time grilling a steak, or you need to grill in large quantities, this recipe is the way to go!
- 1, 100% grass-fed kosher Top Sirloin, Sirloin Tip (Center or Side), Sirloin Tri-Tip, Top Round, NY Strip or Filet Mignon steak from KOL Foods
- 1-2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1-2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon 100% grass-fed beef schmaltz from KOL Foods (optional)
Combine the salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Rub the mixture into both sides of the steak, then allow the meat to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes while you prepare the grill.
Start the grill and warm to medium heat. If you are using a gas grill, turn off all but one of the burners once it has come up to temperature. If you are using charcoal, be sure all the coals have been raked to one side. Use the hand test: the grate will be hot enough when you can hold your palm 3-4 inches above the metal for no more than three seconds.
Sear the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side directly over the flame, with the lid down. Then, move the steaks to the part of the grill that is not lit. set the lid in place and allow the steaks to cook, without flipping them, until they reach 125 degrees, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the steak.
Remove the steaks to a platter, put the schmaltz on top and allow them to rest a 5-10 minutes before serving.