This French inspired stew recipe is fresh, delicious, and healthy! If you like stews and haven't tried this one yet, we highly recommend it!
Ingredients for Marinade
- 1 package (1.5 lbs approx) KOL FOODS boneless dark chicken fillets
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 stems of fresh sage
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 C of Extra-virgin olive oil
Take 5 sprigs of rosemary, 6 stems of sage, 4 cloves of garlic , 1/2 C of EVOO, a handful of salt and pepper and the chicken thighs and combine. Cover and leave sit in fridge for a minimum of an hour.
Ingredients for the Stew
- 1 package KOL FOODS boneless dark chicken fillets, pre-marinated (see above)
- 1/3 C Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Vidalia or Spanish onion, cut medium dice
- 1 bunch celery, cut medium dice
- 3 large white potatoes, quartered lengthwise and cut medium dice
- 2 10 oz packages of crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, cut in half
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 stems fresh sage, finely minced
- 4 Gefen frozen cubes of basil
- 5 Gefen frozen cubes of parsley
- 1 1/2 C good red wine ( I used Kedem Burgundy Royale so that or better)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Take a 5 Qt or larger Dutch oven or stock pot with a tight fitting lid and heat well. Add your pre-marinated dark chicken fillets, searing them for about 3 mins per side. You do not want to completely cook them, just get a bit of golden brown on outside. Remove from pot and set aside.
Using the drippings from searing, add the oil, keeping your heat medium to high. Add onions, garlic and celery, cooking for a few minutes til onions start to become translucent. Add remainder of vegetables, herbs and spices and cook for approx 10 mins this way, then re-add chicken pieces.
Cook for about 50 mins on a low to medium temperature, stirring occasionally. Meal is done when you can cut the chicken into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon and potatoes are fork-tender.