Duck with Pomegranate and Walnut Sauce
This recipe lets the duck breast shine! Festive but easy, use it to add some extra sparkle during a holiday or family gathering.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 KOL Foods duck breasts, scored
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2/3 cup KOL Foods duck or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
Gently fry the duck breasts in oil, skin side down for 5-10 minutes, until they release their fat. Add the onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Fry until onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Once the skin has browned, turn the heat up and brown the flesh side. Remove the duck from the pan and leave in a warm place.
Pour the duck fat from the onions and reserve fat for another use. Add the pomegranate molasses, broth, walnuts and sugar. Stir well, bring to a simmer then return the duck to the pan. Continue cooking until the duck is medium rare. Rest the duck for 5 minutes while you reduce the liquid to sauce consistency.