This recipe is native to the Basque Country! Basquaise refers to a Basque dish that has sweet or hot peppers.
- 4 KOL Foods large chicken cutlets (skinless/boneless) about 1 1/2-2 lbs
- Leaves from 4 stems of parsley, minced fine
- 1 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 C flour (matzah during Passover)
- 2 tbsp spiced paprika
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 C KOL Foods chicken stock
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 3 red bell peppers, small dice
- 3 Italian peppers, small dice
- 2 KOL Foods herb roasted turkey drumsticks, meat chopped into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marinate the cutlets in the olive oil, parsley and garlic for a minimum of 1 hourr.
Mix the flour with spiced paprika, salt and paprika. Heat a Dutch oven on the burner on high and when very hot add a bit of olive oil and your chicken pieces, searing on both sides for about 5-7 mins per side depending on thickness of cutlet. Lower flame to medium low and add turkey pieces and chicken stock.
Simmer for 15 mins, then add pepper pieces. Simmer entire mixture 15 mins, or until pepper pieces are soft but not mushy. Care must be taken not to overcook peppers.
Meal is done when chicken is cooked entire way through, and peppers are slightly soft but not mushy. This dish is best served immediately. Leftovers can be reheated in the oven and are excellent the next day.