Just imagine.... a brilliant, flaky, earthy piece of salmon atop a bed of deeply green cooked spinach... and you have this recipe! It doesn't get much healthier or delicious than this!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2 1/4-pound) skinless salmon fillet
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 6 ingredients; rub spice mixture evenly over fish.
Place onion in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with oil.
Place fish on top of onion; bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute.
Add half of spinach; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Add remaining spinach; cook 4 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently.
Sprinkle spinach mixture with rind and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in juice; remove from heat.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Place salmon on a platter. Arrange onions and spinach evenly around salmon. Sprinkle salmon with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.