This recipe combines the best of both worlds in terms of vegetables and protein: salmon and brussel sprouts! And this recipe is extra special with the fresh, wild salmon, the kick of the garlic, and the sweetness of the wine, all in one pan!
- 14 large cloves garlic, divided
- ¼ cup extra‐virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 cups brussel sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- ¾ cup white wine, preferably Chardonnay
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, skinned & cut into 6 portions
- Lemon Wedges
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Mince 2 cloves garlic and combine in a small bowl with oil, 1 Tablespoon oregano, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Halve the remaining garlic and toss with Brussel Sprouts and 3 Tablespoons of the seasoned oil in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once for 15 minutes.
3. Add wine to the remaining oil mixture. Remove the pan from oven, stir the vegetables and place salmon on top. Drizzle with the wine mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tablespoon oregano and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon just begins to flake, between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
4. Serve with lemon wedges.