Here is another fantastic meal to make with your KOL foods duck breast! Our recommendation for a wine pairing is Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy, and tell us what you think!
- 1, 14.5 oz can pitted tart red cherries in water, undrained
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 lbs KOL Foods organic, pastured duck breasts, skinned
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 T minced shallots
- 1/2 c dried tart cherries
- 1/2 c sweet red wine such as port
- 1/2 c KOL Foods duck, chicken or poultry broth
- 2 T honey
- 1 t chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 t balsamic vinegar
- 2 t coconut oil or margarine
1. Drain canned cherries over a bowl. Place 1/2 c canned cherries and 1/4 c cherry liquid in a blender; reserve remaining cherries and liquid. Process cherries until smooth.
2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick over medium-high heat. Sprinkle duck with salt and 1/4 t pepper. Add duck to pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until desired doneness. Remove from pan, keep warm.
3. Add shallots to pan and saute for 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 t pepper and next 6 ingredients (through vinegar); cook 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, add pureed cherry mixture and coconut oil. Stir until oil melts.
5. Slice duck and serve with sauce.