Honey Apple Roast Chicken is a KOL Foods whole chicken roasted in the oven with lots of tasty apples, herbs, and a sweet honey glaze. It’s tender and juicy, with a crispy skin that everyone loves!
There is a ton of flavor cooking chicken on the bone like this, and you get that crispy, flavorful skin. Plus you can fit two whole chickens in a large roasting pan and you can make enough to feed a large family.
- 1 whole KOL Foods chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 tablespoons honey
Step-by-Step Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a shallow pan or baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pat your chicken dry with paper towels inside and out. This is how you achieve crispy skin!
- Place the chicken in the pan, breast side up. Season your bird with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried thyme, salt, and pepper inside and outside.
- Place some garlic, fresh thyme, and fresh parsley into the chicken cavity. Arrange apples and remaining garlic around the base of the chicken.
- Turn the oven down to 375 degrees F. Roast for 1 hour. Halfway through cooking time, baste with the juice and brush honey on the chicken. Keep basting the chicken every 10-15 minutes until internal temperature registers 165 on an instant read digital thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving. Drizzle with pan juice and serve with your choice of potatoes.