Salsa Verde is an Italian sauce that’s easy to make and compliments well with almost any meats or fish. With fresh summer herbs and bright lemon flavor, it’s the perfect counterpoint to rich, savory meat.
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped basil (or another herb of your choice)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed thoroughly and chopped
- Salt to taste
1. Combine chopped parsley, chopped basil, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, and salt to taste in a blender or food processor or in a bowl with an immersion blender.
2. When blended, transfer to a bowl and stir in capers and lemon juice, then add salt to taste. set aside.
- 4 6‐oz rib steaks (or use another quick‐cooking tender steak)
- Salt and pepper
1. Season the steaks heavily with salt and pepper and allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour (You can also season the steaks ahead of time and refrigerate – take them out 1 hour before cooking).
2. Heat the grill or broiler. Cook steaks for 4‐6 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until they reach an internal temperature of 125 degrees for medium rare.
3. Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes, then serve with Salsa Verde.