- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup white wine)
Preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly oil a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish or line it with foil.
Combine the garlic, oregano, salt, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and mix well. Use a mortar and pestle to form a paste or mash it with a fork.
Arrange the leg quarters in the prepared baking pan and rub the garlic-spice mixture over each piece.
Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish. If desired, use 1/4 cup of chicken broth with 1/4 cup of dry white wine instead.
Bake the chicken, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken registers at least 165 F on a meat thermometer.