Beef Stew with Orange Veggies is truly the easiest beef dish possible: add ingredients to your slow-cooker before breakfast, then go about your business, and sit down for dinner and serve. Leave off the marrow bones if you wish, but why would you?!
- 2 lbs KOL Foods stew meat
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped (I bought this already prepared from the grocery)
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 marrow bones, wrapped in foil
1. Put all ingredients in the slow cooker, mix well. Add the marrow bones on top.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours minimum, stirring after 4 hours, being careful not to displace the bones. This cooked on low for 24 hours and did not dry out.
3. Serve over rice.