Get ready for an easy go-to dinner recipe. Pair KOL Foods Ground Beef with a quick Asian marinade, made with ingredients you likely have in your cabinet already. Serve with rice and veggies of your choosing – this dish can be prepared endless ways! Here we’ve included a recipe for an Asian cabbage slaw, but you can also serve this dish with simply cooked bok choy, broccoli, carrots, or whatever is in your fridge!
Korean Ground Beef
1 lb 85% Lean KOL Foods Ground Beef
½ bunch green onions, set aside for topping
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Asian Cabbage Slaw
½ red cabbage
2 carrots, grated
½ bunch green onions, finely sliced
1 tsp sesame seeds
¼ cup chopped peanuts or cashews, optional
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp garlic, finely minced
2 tsp ginger, finely minced
2 tbsp cilantro or parsley
- Start by preparing your slaw. If you’re skipping the slaw this time around, skip right to step 6.
- Finely slice your cabbage, green onions, and carrots (you can use a grater here).
- Set aside in a large bowl and then prepare your dressing. Set olive oil aside. Mix all other ingredients together well, making sure honey fully incorporates into the dressing.
- Once the dressing is mixed, slowly pour in your olive oil while whisking to further emulsify.
- Pour dressing over prepared vegetables, mix well, and set aside allowing the flavors to marinate. It will continue to get more flavorful with time! Add chopped nuts before serving to keep the crunchy texture.
- Begin making the beef mixture by browning your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Break the beef up into crumbles and when it is browned, drain some of the grease.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the ground beef and let it simmer for another two minutes.
- Once the ground beef is fully coated in the mixture, remove from heat.
- Assemble your bowls with a base of rice, a scoop of the ground beef, and the veggie slaw (or the veggies of your choice).
- Top with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of siracha, if you please!