Chuck Wagon Chili can be made with Ground Beef, Beef Stew Meat or any hearty roast. And it's flexible! If you're out of an ingredient, simply substitute or just leave it out.
- 3 lbs ground beef, stew meat, or chuck roast cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper – diced
- 6 tablespoon New Mexico Chili Power
- 5 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seeds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon Dried Mexican Oregano
- 5 cups Beef Broth
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can Kidney Beans
1. Brown beef in oil, add onion, red bell pepper and cook two minutes
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute,
3. Add chili power, flour, oregano and cumin, cook until meat is well coated.
4. Slowly add half the broth, stir well.
5. Add pinto and kidney beans, cook partially covered for approx 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. You may use all or part of the rest of the beef broth depending on how thick you want the chili.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.