Another huge hit from none other than Chef Avi! In this recipe, he shows us how to make Turkish Lamb Armico. Enjoy!
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs. KOL Foods lamb riblets or bones with stew meat
- 3 – 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes- chunked rustically
- 4 large carrots - chunked rustically
- 1 onion - diced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic – diced finely
- 1 large tomato - diced
- ¼ - ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 tsp. White Pepper
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup golden raisins or 6 large prunes (optional)
- ½ to ¾ cups of KOL Foods lamb broth (or water)
- ¼ cup good red wine
- 1/8 – ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
Heat oil in a large range to oven sauté pan. Add the meat and sear it brown over medium to medium-high heat.
Lower heat. Add onions then garlic. Let them get to know each other for a few minutes then add the water and the wine along with all the other ingredients. Distribute flavors well. This is meant to look and be a rustic stew.
Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a preheated 350˚ oven. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes until potatoes are ready.
Turn on broiler, remove the lid and brown the top of the stew. Once browned, remove and serve. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.