There's nothing like a great steak and french fries to go with it! Especially fries that are baked with our 100% grass-fed beef schmaltz. If that sounds good to you, I highly recommend that you check this recipe out!
- 28 to 30 ounces frozen french fries
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 100% Grass-Fed Beef Schmaltz, divided
- 4, 100% Grass-Fed Kosher Tri-Tip Steaks from KOL Foods
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup 100% grass-fed beef bone broth or water
- 2 tablespoons 100% grass-fed beef schmaltz, coconut oil or margarine, cut into tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- Accompaniment: Dijon mustard
Toss fries with 2 tablespoons melted schmaltz in a hot sheet pan, then bake according to package instructions until golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, pat steaks dry, then rub with peppercorns and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Heat remaining tablespoon schmaltz in an ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Sear steaks on all sides, about 3 minutes total. Transfer skillet to the upper third of oven and roast 5 to 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a plate and let rest 5 minutes.
Add wine to skillet and boil, scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add water and meat juices from resting plate and boil briskly until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in 2 tablespoons schmaltz until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle fries with tarragon. Serve steaks with sauce and fries.