Check out Chef Avi as he makes a Lag B'Omer feast including these delicious lamb and beef kabobs.
- Avi's Rub
- 4-6 KOL Foods Lamb Shoulder Chops or Kabob Meat (Cubed and with the fat on)
- 4-6 KOL Foods Cowboy Steaks (Cubed) or Kabob Meat
- Sweet Onions or Shallots – Cut Rustically
- Tri-Color Whole Mini Peppers
- Whole Grape Tomatoes
- Your Favorite Mushrooms – Either whole or cut in to rustic chunks
If using wood skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before construction to prevent burning.
Take a skewer and simply alternate cuts of meat and vegetables until you fill up the skewer. Other great additions are zucchini, carrots, squash, tofu, hot peppers ... feel free to be creative.
Once you have your skewers ready, sprinkle with Avi’s Rub and put on the grill over a medium heat. If you don’t have a grill or it’s raining you can put them in the oven or under a broiler. Avoid high heat, as it can easily burn the vegetables and overcook the outside of the meat but the inside will be raw.
Cook until the veggies and the meat are about medium.
Serve either on or off the skewer on a bed of jasmine rice, spiced quinoa, or with some haricots verts...