The lamb stock combined with the fresh lamb, rosemary, and other vegetables is sure to be one of the best soups you've ever had. And all in one pot!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4‐6 cups washed, chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 ½ cup lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 6‐8 cups lamb stock
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or thyme (or 2 teaspoons ground dry)
- 2‐3 cups (cooked) cubed or shredded lamb or lamb bacon
Heat olive oil in a medium‐ sized heavy‐bottom pot. Add onion, carrots, celery and kale; until
lightly browned, about 6‐8 minutes.
Add lentils to the pan, stir, then add 6 cups stock. Let come to a boil then reduce heat to
simmer. Cook about 50‐70 minutes, or until lentils are have broken down.
Stir in lamb and rosemary and heat. If soup becomes too thick, add additional stock to desired
consistency. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.