If you haven't yet, you must try this traditional Jewish dish that is commonly served as an appetizer for Jewish holiday gatherings. The best way to make it, of course, is with liver from a KOL foods cow, chicken, duck, or turkey!
- 2 tablespoons oil or schmaltz using skin or premade beef schmaltz from KOL Foods
- 1 large onion
- ¼ green pepper (optional)
- 2 lbs KOL Foods Liver(Beef, Chicken, Duck or Turkey)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon schmaltz (optional)
1. Dice onion and caramelize in a skillet with oil or schmaltz.
2. When onion is nearly caramelized, add green pepper and cook until done.
3. Dice kashered liver and egg
4. Combine liver, onion, pepper and egg in a bowl and mix well
5. Incorporate salt, ground pepper and schmaltz
Serves 6 ‐8