This is hands down the best way to make an easy, quick, and delicious steak in the oven. If this is your first time cooking steak in an oven, we highly recommend this recipe for you!
- 1, 100% grass-fed kosher Top Sirloin, Sirloin Tip (Center or Side), Sirloin Tri-Tip, Top Round NY Strip, or Filet Mignon steak from KOL Foods
- 1-2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1-2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons 100% grass-fed beef schmaltz from KOL Foods or frying oil such as grapeseed oil
Combine the salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl. Rub the mixture into both sides of the steak then allow the meat to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200F, then heat a large cast iron skillet or other oven-proof skillet over a high flame. Once the skillet is so hot that you can see a little smoke rising off of it, add the oil or schmaltz.
Sear the steak for two minutes on each side. Turn off the flame, and insert an instant-read meat thermometer into the boneless edge of the steak – do not insert it into the top, as there is not enough thickness for the thermometer to take an accurate reading. Leaving the steak in the skillet, place it in the oven and allow it to finish cooking, about 10-20 minutes depending on the size of the cut,until the internal temperature reads 125F.
Allow the meat to rest five minutes before carving and serving.