A classic brisket the KOL foods way! Think of the best brisket that you've ever had and mentally prepare yourself for a brisket that is even better due to our 100% grass fed kosher beef, which you can find nowhere else!
- 4 large onions
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 or 2, 3-4 lb KOL Foods 1st Cut Briskets (you can also use French roasts, 2nd or packer cut briskets)
- 1 cup water
- Generous amounts of paprika and seasoned salt
- 6, 12oz cans of chopped tomatoes
- 6-8 carrots, chopped
- 8-12 cloves of garlic
- 8-12 prunes
- 1 bottle of Maneschevitz wine (the really sweet stuff)
- 1 can of Coke (12 oz)
1. Heat large roasting pan on stove, add coconut oil and saute onions until caramelized. Remove onions.
2. Sear all sides of the brisket on high heat. Remove brisket, and deglaze pan with water.
3. Return brisket to pan, fat side up. Season meat generously with paprika and seasoned salt. Put onions, tomatoes, carrots, garlic and prunes on top of the brisket in that order. Add the wine and coke. Add more water if necessary until brisket is about 2/3 covered in liquid.
4. Put in the oven at lowest setting for about 8 hours.