Buffalo wings aren’t exactly the healthiest option out there, but they are a quintessential American food. So here we pay tribute to them, even if we have to forego the blue cheese dressing. Using KOL Foods chicken (or turkey!) will make them tastier and more responsible. A warning for those KOL Foodies who are grossed out by margarine: please read no further – graphic content follows!
Added bonus: 3-way wings! You can choose whether you want to fry, oven-bake or grill these party wings.
- 1 lb KOL Foods Chicken or Turkey Wings (or more – multiply as desired!) – if you use turkey wings, cut them in half on the joint. KOL Foods chicken wings are sold halved
- ½ cup wheat flour (all-purpose or whole-wheat, whichever you prefer)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp (or ¾ stick) margarine
- 6 tbsp of your favorite hot sauce
1. Whisk together the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, toss the wings with the flour mixture until well-coated.
3. Cook the wings: grill them, bake them on a baking tin in your oven, or deep-fry them. All are yummy options, so pick your favorite method. Make sure they cook through.
4. While the wings are cooking, melt the margarine. When it is completely melted, take it off the heat (or out of the microwave) and stir in the hot sauce.
5. In another large bowl, toss the cooked wings with the buffalo sauce.
6. Serve and watch football.