The meat variation of a roulade is a dish where a variety of ingredients can be wrapped in thinly sliced beef and then roasted. There are many different varieties that come from all over Europe, and this is our special KOL Foods variation!
- 2 to 3 pounds of KOL Foods Rolled Rump Roast
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces chopped walnuts, about 1 3/4 cups
- 6 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 8 ounces jar sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, hand crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
In a food processor, pulse together walnuts, 3 tablespoons matzo meal, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt to the consistency of coarse cornmeal. Add olive oil while blending to make a paste; set aside.
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Remove rump roast from bag, pat dry and lay flat on a cutting board. Layer with walnut paste,
Roast for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 325° F and roast an additional 60 minutes for medium rare.
Allow roast to rest 10 minutes before slicing.