Spice rubs not only add flavor to lamb chops and roasts, they also help create a tasty crust.
Make the rub below. Pierce lamb with a fork on all sides, thoroughly brush lamb with olive oil and then coat in rub. Let sit for 1 hour before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Prepare and cook lamb as directed above.