This is Bubbe's turkey variation on a classic chili recipe. Try it out and tell us what you think! We know you'll love it :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs KOL Foods, Bubbe's Spicy Ground Turkey Breast (or medium or mild)
- 2 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, deveined and finely chopped (optional)
- 3 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups KOL Foods Poultry Bone Broth (or chicken broth)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 15-ounce cans of red kidney beans, drained
- 1 lb dried Quinoa or brown rice, cooked (follow directions on package, substitute water with Poultry Broth)
- lime and cilantro for garnishing
Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, and jalapeno pepper, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the drained beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes longer.
Serve over quinoa and garnish with a slice of lime and cilantro leaves.