We think our 100% grass fed, organic, kosher beef burgers are hard to beat, but this recipe gives them a run for their money! Serve them at your next grill out and you may hear some of your friends saying the same thing. :)
- 3 lbs KOL Foods organic-fed and pastured ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, cut in 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
1. Allow ground turkey to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes on the counter top.
2. Preheat grill on high. Meanwhile mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl. Form the spiced meat into 6 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Lower heat to medium. Oil grill using grill tongs and a paper towel soaked in grape seed oil (or other high smoke point oil). If pan frying, heat pan to medium heat and add oil after the pan is hot.
4. Grill patties for 5 minutes, covered, or until grill marks form. Then flip patties and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until desired doneness (we suggest 155 to 160 F).
5. Tent burgers using aluminum foil and allow burgers to rest for 10-15 minutes. Serve on toasted buns and all the typical burger accoutrements.