This recipe is inspired by the classic, Korean bulgogi recipe. The coca-cola substituted in place of regular sugar is our little secret that makes this recipe truly fantastic.
- 2, 100% Grass-Fed Flank or Bavette Skirt Steak
- 8 oz of baby portobello mushrooms (substitute with your favorite mushroom)
- toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 1 scallion, sliced (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 can of coca-cola
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of an onion, sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 large green pepper, sliced (optional)
Combine and mix marinade ingredients into a large resealable plastic bag. Place the steak into the marinade, squeeze out all the air, seal, and marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight recommended) in the refrigerator.
On the Grill: cook for 4-5 minutes on each side (I like it medium rare) and let it rest.
In the Oven: cook under the broiler for 6-7 minutes on each side. Make sure your meat is 2-3 inches away from the broiler.
Slice thinly against the grain.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions and serve with brown rice and kimchi!