- 2 lbs. Chicken Necks
- 2 small hot red chilies, finely chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400 ml. coconut milk
- 1/2 lb. flour
- cooking oil to fry
- salt and pepper
In a glass bowl place the chilies, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and coconut milk. Whisk all ingredients until combined. Place chicken necks in the mixture, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 24 hours.
In a wok, pour in cooking oil until around 7 cm. deep over medium high heat.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper until combined. Remove the necks from the marinade and coat them in the flour mixture. Shake off the extra flour before placing in wok to deep fry. Fry for around 4 minutes on each side until golden.
Remove the chicken necks from the wok with tongs. Shake off the excess oil, drain on paper towel, and serve.